Entry #1. How cheer impacted me.

     I've never been the most out going person in the world. I was the type of girl that was so shy I couldn't even ask my own teacher a question. Cheer has changed that for me, it has given me the confidence I needed. Cheer has made me come out my shell and I will always be thankful for that, the friends I've made and family bond we had was all I needed. 

    Very shortly after I joined the team at ironwood I felt like these girls were my home, my safe place. The first two weeks of high school wasn't that good for me. No one to really sat with at lunch and I didn't have lunch with my best friend. After joining the squad I always had someone to turn too. Every class I would walk into every corner I tunned it was a familiar face. Joining a team or even a club is something I would recommended. The friendships you make are just pure. You learn to love each other for who you really are, you help each other when most needed, and of course support each others dreams. Here's a quote that sticks with me " I am my own cheerleader, I am the one who puts my goals, who pushes myself to get to the next goal, I don't have someone next to me saying here you go, now do this, its your next step, go for it." www.ReemAcra.com. Cheer is still today an activity  I love doing. I go to open stunts and gyms with my old friends. I love tumbling that is something I do still as well. Cheer keeps me close to the people I love most. Something i like to do is help teach classes. Even going back to my high school and just helping out and being there for those girls, is just dream come true for me. I want to share one of my best memories that i had with my team at ironwood. When we qualify for nationals and we spend three days in California. We compete 3 times and we go to Disney land. It is the most exhausting, fun, adventurous time we have together. We wake up at 5am both morning get ready compete and then go have the best times with your best friends. It is something I think about often. I'm very happy that I joined cheer. The new things i learned, the people I met, the feelings of myself feeling like I belong there is something so special to me.

    Cheer has changed my life and helped me through a lot over the past few years. Learning new things and overcoming fears has taught me a lot of how different sports or clubs can do for people. The girls and guys I've met on the team has forever changed my life. Cheer has given me confidence and met the most important people in my life. I still today go to tumbling and stunt with my favorite people just because it is something I enjoy, love, and helps me get things off my mind. 

Nationals picture


    



Comments

  1. Absolutely amazing Bre! I have always found cheerleading super fascinating and quite frankly super impressive. When I played football in high school, I always found the statistic that cheerleading leads to more injuries than high school football absolutely stunning. I am also so glad that you managed to have such life altering experiences from cheer. I hope in the future I will be able to hear more about your Disneyland trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this post! I completely agree when you recommend everyone join some sort of club or sport in school. I was also pretty shy growing up, but sports helped me with that SO much. I think it's super cool that you still do cheer for fun with your friends. As much as people like to joke about it, cheer actually looks insanely hard and I commend you for being able to do such a difficult sport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Breanna! I commend you for being so committed to cheer. I personally have never cheered but find myself fascinated with all-star and even collegiate cheerleading so I know how much hard work goes into any of those competitions. It's really awesome you and your team were able to go and have a good experience in California and I think it's really respectable you still go and help out at your high school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #4 Turning orange

Entry #3 Sweet and soft